Thursday, April 7, 2011

Iris Light Movement 2 by Katarina Fagerstrom Levring




The series Iris Light Movement I-VII was the result of my first attempt to create something unique in my new medium of choice, after I had decided to give up water media. In the beginning when I worked with the camera I was constantly bothered by the medical induced tremor in my hands, but a whisper from inside told me to wait and keep on working and something good might come out of this Bipolar mess, I had found myself in. 

Holding my camera, I tried to force the movement in a certain direction at first, but I failed. I realized I had to follow the motion, relax and have faith in the process of creating. Soon I finally decided to use the tremor instead of defying it.

Today I consider this tremor as being an asset when working with my camera. The medical induced tremor adds an almost watercolor like feeling to the images, if I let it to, using a long exposure time. In that way, I can incorporate my earlier medium in this new one and I am happy to do so. 

About the tremor and the "Bipolar mess": follow my blog The almost barking mad Artist on Blogger and you will know more. You are very welcome to visit my website at katarinafagerstromlevring.com  All comments are welcome!


Discover Photo Art, Colorful Photography, Black and White Photography,Artistic Photos, Artistic Photography,Photography For Sale as International Artists post daily their newest work..

2 comments:

  1. I find it inspiring that you are working with a disability AND creating unique and beautiful work. I look forward to seeing more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret!
    I am so sorry that I am late with a reply to your comment. I am new to this blogging thing so I have a lot to learn:) Thank you for your kind remark to my work. I am hooked into photography for life and it really has made my life so much more iteresting.

    ReplyDelete